Assessment 2: Self-Reflective Essay (Individual Work)
Session Due: Session 10
Length: maximum of 2500 words
Marks: 100 (40%)
This assessment evaluates a student’s ability to integrate their understanding of the literature
and learning covered in the entire module through a reflection on their personal qualities
(strengths and development areas) considering that leadership, particularly self-insight is
important for business managers (psychology applied).
Integral to a student’s integration of their understanding of the literature in relation to their
personal qualities is the ability of the student to identify personal development areas and the
identification of relevant strategies for self-improvement and growth which are relevant for
business managers as well as entrepreneurs.
Drawing from the literature covered in this module, please do the following:
▪ Describe 7 best practices a manager should implement as a leader.
▪ Follow the link below, sign up and complete the free online VIA Character Strengths
questionnaire that will give you immediate results of your 24 signature personality-based
strengths after completion.
▪ Link to access & complete the questionnaire: https://www.viacharacter.org/
▪ Based on your VIA questionnaire results and other insights that you generally know about
yourself as a person: Identify and describe 5 personal qualities (strengths) that you have.
▪ Explain how each of the 5 identified qualities will help you to become a successful
business manager/entrepreneur/business consultant in relation to the seven best
practices of a manager that you initially described.
▪ Describe 3 areas of your personal qualities/characteristics that do not come naturally or
are more difficult for you to use effectively. These are areas that you want to improve or
▪ Describe the strategies that you can apply to improve the development areas that you
Consult academic literature and other sources where necessary in compiling your reflective
essay. In doing so, please ensure that APA referencing techniques are applied. Submit your
essay in Microsoft Word format, written in line with the SACAP guidelines for academic writing.
Pages 9 Double spaced(2475 words)
Style and sources APA7, 5 sources
Bibliography / Reference page
Study level Master
Assignment type Essay
Subject Business and Economics