1. Select two state government IT Security Policies. Use the list at https://www.cisecurity.org/partners-state-government/ (The list items are not clickable. Cut/paste your choices into the browser search field to find your selection.)
2. Download and review your selected state governments’ IT Security Policy documents.
3. Develop five or more points that are common across the two documents. (Similarities)
4. Identify and review at least three unique items in each document. (Differences)
5. Research best practices for IT Security and/or IT Security Policies for state governments. Here are several sources which you may find helpful:
6. Using your research and your comparison of the two policy documents, develop an answer to the question: Why should every state government have an IT security policy for state agencies and offices under the state’s executive branch?
Write a three- to five- page research-based report in which you summarize your research and discuss the similarities and differences between the two IT security policy documents. You should focus upon clarity and conciseness more than length when determining what content to include in your paper. At a minimum, your report must include the following:
1. An introduction or overview of IT Security Policies for the executive branch of state governments (covering state agencies and offices in the executive branch including the governor’s office). Explain the purpose of an IT security policy and how states use security policies. Answer the question: why should every state in the nation have a comprehensive IT security policy for state agencies and offices? (Make sure that you address the importance of such strategies to small, resource-poor states as well as to large or wealthy states.)
2. A separate section in which you discuss and provide five or more specific examples of the common principles and policy sections/statements (similarities) found in both IT security policy documents.
3. A separate section in which you discuss the unique aspects of the first state’s IT security policy document. Provide five or more the policy document. e specific principles or guidelines or other content that is unique to the policy document.
4. A separate section in which you discuss the unique aspects of the second state’s IT security policy document. Provide five or more the policy document. e specific principles or guidelines or other content that is unique to the policy document.
5. A section in which you discuss your evaluation of which state government has the better of the two IT security policy documents. You should also present five or more best practice recommendations for improvements for both IT security policy documents. (Note: you may have different recommendations for the individual policies depending upon the characteristics of each document.) Answer the question: why should every state in the nation have a comprehensive IT security policy for state agencies and offices?
6. A separate section in which you summarize your research and recommendations.
Type of assignment: Writing from scratch
Pages / words: 5 / 1400
Number of sources: 3
Academic level: Undergraduate
Paper format: APA
Line spacing: Double
Language style: US English