Thesis: The measures taken by the US to provide relief during COVID -19 highlight the need to prepare for another pandemic.
Sentence 1: Preparing for the next pandemic will help keep citizens calm and stabilize the markets, which tend downwards during times of crisis.
Sentence 2: It is important to take steps to protect the lives of healthcare workers and patients, and ensure that hospitals have the supplies they need to administer proper care.
Sentence 3: Lessons learned from past outbreaks can help scientists to prepare for new ones, which along with adequate funding will prevent the next outbreak from being as severe as this one.
Task: Write a research paper using evidence to support a thesis that addresses your research
question examining a current issue or event in the news from the perspective of your field of study. The
audience is people who are generally educated but do not have extensive knowledge of your field or
topic. (my field of study: Business Administration)
Length: At least 2000 words
Sources: Minimum of 6. At least 3 of these must be from scholarly journals, and all sources should be
selected based on reliability, currency, and level of information/analysis.
Before drafting your paper, you will have chosen a topic, developed a research question, and identified
several potential sources in an annotated bibliography.
Organizing and supporting your paper:
As you write your paper, be sure to include the following:
• an engaging introductory paragraph that includes an effective and clear thesis statement
• any definition of terms or background information that your reader is likely to need to understand your paper
• focused body paragraphs that begin with topic sentences and use effective transitions. This is where you will support the thesis using arguments and evidence.
• a concluding paragraph that reiterates the thesis, summarizes key points of the paper, and
leaves the reader with the “So what?”
Research is a key element of this paper. Take care to support your claims with research throughout the
paper. Include APA in-text citations whenever you use sources, whether through quote, paraphrase, or
summary. An APA reference list at the end of the paper should list all of the sources cited in the text of
Point of view:
This paper will be written in an academic style. Use third person point of view. Do not use “I” or “you.”
Formatting your assignment:
Incorporate these elements of APA style:
• Use one-inch margins.
• Double space.
• Use an easy-to-read font between 10-point and 12-point.
• Include a title page with the title of your paper, your name, and the name of your school.
Type of service-Academic paper writing
Type of assignment-Essay
Pages / words-8 / 2000
Number of sources-6
Academic level-Sophomore (College 2nd year)
Language style-US English