Write a three- to four-page research report that includes a summary of your research, findings, and recommendations. At a minimum, your paper must include the following:
1. An introduction or overview of the cybersecurity workforce issues which impact State governments. This overview should address the political, economic, socio-cultural (including education), and technological factors that contribute to the perceived lack of qualified cybersecurity workers. This introduction should be suitable for an executive audience.
2. A separate section that addresses five specific reasons why states have difficulty hiring enough trained and qualified cybersecurity workers for positions in state agencies and offices.
3. A separate section that addresses five specific “non-cybersecurity” reasons why a workforce shortage affecting state governments may currently exist. Consider and discuss whether the workforce shortage arises out of state budget problems rather than training and education or salary.
4. A recommendations section which identifies and discusses at least five training, education, marketing, or hiring actions that state governments could take to attract cybersecurity talent and reduce or alleviate a cybersecurity workforce shortage for trained and qualified cybersecurity personnel. These recommendations should include several alternative practices which deemphasize salary.
5. A separate Summary section in which you present a summary of your research and recommendations.
Type of assignment: Writing from scratch
Pages / words: 6/1650
Number of sources: 8
Academic level: Undergraduate
Paper format: APA
Line spacing: Double
Language style: US English