|Reading and Background Material to help with part 1|
| Required Reading: |
Honigman, B. (2014). The seven biggest innovations in health care technology in 2014. Retrieved from http://getreferralmd.com/2013/11/health-care-technology-innovations-2013-infographic/
Kraft, D. (2013, April 29). Where technology can take healthcare. Forbes. Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oukZualFAk (18:35)
Kumar R. K. (2011, September). Technology and healthcare costs. Annals of Pediatric Cardiology 2(4), 84-86. Retrieved from ProQuest Central database in the Touro library.
Bashur, R., Shannon, G., Krupinski, E. &Grisby, J. (2011, July). The taxonomy of telemedicine. Telemedicine and e-health, 17(6):484-494. Retrieved from http://deepblue.lib.umich.edu/bitstream/handle/2027.42/90498/tmj-2E2011-2E0103.pdf?sequence=1
- Explain two ways that existing technology can be used to improve health outcomes for patients. Cite your sources
- the cost increased technology worth the increase in healthcare costs? Why or why not? Please explain your answer. Cite your sources
|Reading and Background Material to help with part 2|
|Required Reading: AHRQ. (2013). National healthcare Disparities report, 2013, Retrieved from http://www.ahrq.gov/research/findings/nhqrdr/nhdr13/2013nhdr.pdf (Pages 1-21; 213-247) CDC. (2013). Health disparities and the inequalities report-United States, 2013. MMWR 6 2(Suppl 3). http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/pdf/other/su6203.pdf (Pages 3-31; 51-64) Optional reading: The Commonwealth Fund. (2012, November 12). Improving care for vulnerable populations. [Video File] Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAIyUSo9QQQ (2:20)|
- What are some barriers to healthcare for vulnerable populations? Name and explain at least two examples.
- Based on the readings and video, what are some ways to improve access to healthcare in vulnerable populations? How does lack of access to healthcare affect health outcomes?
- Label each question with the part and # infront of it. These are all separate questions. APA CITATION!!!! No plagiarism.