Argument Question for the class of History of Ethnic/ Minority Education
Number of pages 7
Number of slides 0
Number of Questions 0
Number of Problems 0
Academic Level Bachelor
Type of Work Writing from scratch
Type of Paper Essay
Sources needed 0
Abstract Page No
Paper Format APA
Please apply for this inquiry IF ONLY you have access to both books mentioned in the attached file
ARGUMENT ESSAY QUESTION:
Discuss one to three key issues in the development of American education, both K-16 and broadly defined, for Mexican Americans/Chicano/as. Issues might include – but are not limited to the:
1) Purposes and goals of education as conceived within Mexican American/Chicano/as communities;
2) Impact of social and political conditions on the educational experiences of Mexican American/Chicano/as;
3) Purposes, goals, and participants of local grassroot education movements within the Mexican American/Chicano/as communities.
BE SURE ALSO:
1) Have an argument and support it
2) Identify major arguments that are shifts in thinking that scholars have had on issues
3) Situate experiences within larger developments of American education – i.e., Common School Movement, Progressive Era, Civil Rights era, etc.
4) Cite authors you use (class material)!