Read Beowulf, translated by Seamus Heaney, lines 2752-2816. Write a commentary on this passage. Explore how the passage reflects themes important to the poem as a whole. Themes you might want to address include kingship, gender, the body, landscape, material culture/treasure. (I have attached a pdf of the entire poem, I would like you to read the entire poem and not just the selected lines).
– the commentary must do a close reading of the selected lines (talk about specific literary devices utilized within these lines) and how they are tied into the overall themes prevalent to the poem as a whole.
– the commentary must go further than to simply describe what is occurring within the lines in relation to the poem’s plot, but rather, the commentary should provide an explanation/stance on what you think the author is trying to say or argue
– the commentary must be roughly 1000 words and the use of secondary sources is permitted
– the commentary should focus on the specific lines chosen (2752-2816), however, the overall idea and themes depicted in the line can be tied back to other lines in the poem to further strengthen one’s argument
– the commentary must be extremely well structured with a clear and locatable thesis, and each body paragraph must have a clear topic that is further developed in the following sentences.
– You must cite at least the primary source and a good paper will have a few more other secondary sources
– The commentary must not be plagiarized in any way shape or form
Type of assignment: Writing from scratch
Pages / words: 1/275
Number of sources: 1
Academic level: Undergraduate
Paper format: APA
Line spacing: Double
Language style: US English