Business Management- Leadership / MB-FPX5002
Use APA Format and SafeAssign is used to check for plagiarism.
Write a 2-4-page academic paper in which you describe a business situation, apply a critical thinking framework to the situation, and recommend evidence-based solutions to the situation. Explain how the concepts of VUCA (volatility, uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity) could affect both the situation and the solution.
Study Material/Guide / Resources:
Following resources address critical thinking frameworks and the idea that leaders should always have a growth mindset:
• TEDx Talks. (2017, May 10). Ross Hartley: The growth mindset [Video] | Transcript. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3oWD70m2o8
• Popova, M. (n.d.). Fixed vs. growth: The two basic mindsets that shape our lives. Retrieved from https://www.brainpickings.org/2014/01/29/carol-dweck-mindset/
• Craig, W. (2017, October 3). Growth mindset: What it is and why it makes better leaders. Forbes. Retrieved from https://www.forbes.com/sites/williamcraig/2017/10/03/growth-mindset-what-it-is-and-why-it-makes-better-leaders/#fd60e9733c88
• TEDx Talks. (2014, October 15). Dr. Alia Crum: Change your mindset, change the game [Video]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tqq66zwa7g
• Ashford, S. J., & DeRue, D. S. (2012). Developing as a leader: The power of mindful engagement. Organizational Dynamics, 41(2), 146–154.
• Kallet, M. (2014). Think smarter: Critical thinking to improve problem-solving and decision-making skills. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley & Sons.
• Dweck, C., & Hogan, K. (2016, October 7). How Microsoft uses a growth mindset to develop leaders. Harvard Business Review Digital Articles, 2–4.
The following resources are available to increase your knowledge and understanding of the assessment topic:
• Snarski, R. D. (2017). Communicating clearly in the information age: A guide to easy and effective writing for employees, students, writers and anyone who uses the written word. Tampa, FL: Author. Available in the courseroom via the VitalSource Bookshelf link.
o Chapter 1, “The Global Importance of Effective Communication.”
o Chapter 2, “Continuous Improvement and Lifelong Education.”
o Chapter 4, “Credibility and Ethics in Writing.”
o Chapter 5, “Writing for an Audience and Purpose.”
o Chapter 9, “Grammar.”
o Appendix: “Writing Style Primer – APA Format.”
Pfeffer, J., & Sutton, R. I. (2006). Evidence-based management. Harvard Business Review, 84(1), 62–74
strategy+business. (2015, February 17). Mindfulness for senior executives [Video] | Transcript. Retrieved from https://www.strategy-business.com/article/m00031
Dweck, C. (2015, September 22). Carol Dweck revisits the growth mindset. Education Week. Retrieved from https://www.edweek.org/ew/articles/2015/09/23/carol-dweck-revisits-the-growth-mindset.html
TED.com. (2014). The power of believing that you can improve [Video] | Transcript. Retrieved from https://www.ted.com/talks/carol_dweck_the_power_of_believing_that_you_can_improve
Stanford Alumni. (2014). Carol Dweck: Developing a growth mindset [Video] | Transcript. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiiEeMN7vbQ
Resources for VUCA :
Bennett, N., & Lemoine, G. J. (2014). What VUCA really means for you. Harvard Business Review, 92(1/2), 27.
George, B. (2017, February 17). VUCA 2.0: A strategy for steady leadership in an unsteady world. Forbes. Retrieved from https://www.forbes.com/sites/hbsworkingknowledge/2017/02/17/vuca-2-0-a-strategy-for-steady-leadership-in-an-unsteady-world/#5972d07613d8
Type of service-Academic paper writing
Type of assignment-Essay
Pages / words-2 / 550
Number of sources-3
Language style-US English