Cultural Activity Report
“create your own museum” should contain art or artifacts from the time period you are studying in this course.
Option 2: Create and Curate Your Own Art Museum
This assignment is an alternative option for visiting a museum or art gallery. For this paper, you will select and curate a minimum of 5–10 works of art by 5–10 different artists to include in your own art museum. Use your textbook and online sources to help you find these works of art. A good resource for this assignment is the Google Arts and Culture website from the Google Cultural Institute. Here you can immerse yourself in cultural experiences across art, history and wonders of the world—from more than a thousand museums across 70 countries.
Write a 2–3 page report, 500–750 words that describes your experience.
1. Select a minimum of 5–10 works of art by 5–10 different artists, from different time periods discussed in the text (Ancient Times to 1600s).
2. Clearly identify the location of the museum and your initial reaction when exploring the artwork in the online museum or gallery.
3. Provide a description and summary of at least 5–10 works of art by 5–10 different artists.
4. Include a screenshot of each piece.
5. Explain your initial reaction to the artwork you selected and explain why you chose each piece.
6. Describe the role of museum founder and curator.
7. Use the class text as a reference (additional sources are fine, but not necessary unless required by your content). Your report should include connections you make between things observed in your activity and things learned in the course and text.
Note: The same rubric will be used for both Options 2. In one section of the rubric, you are graded on your discussion of the role of the founder and curator of the museum the roles of museum founder and curator are held by you.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Examine historical works of art to identify themes that are relevant to both past and present.
Type of service-Academic paper writing
Type of assignment-Essay
Pages / words-3 / 825
Academic level-High School
Language style-US English