Assignment brief –
Social commerce is a way of utilizing social media platforms (twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc) to help promote your e-commerce site and to assist in the buying and selling of goods on the site. There are several activities, A12 and A13, which specifically concentrate on s-commerce models to help you with this assignment.
Your task is to develop a plan, using an academic model, for a social commerce strategy for an organisation of your choice that interacts with its customers online. You could recommend a way to develop a social commerce presence if they do not currently have one. Or you could evaluate their current s-commerce system and look for ways in which it could be improved.
We will be looking for the following in your plan,
- Research – introduction to the problem – background to the organisation and their online presence – 20%
- Application – application of social commerce theories, principles and frameworks using appropriate academic sources – 30%
- Proposal – A proposal for an S-commerce plan outlining your proposed solution for the organisation that makes use of the research undertaken and the appropriate s-commerce academic models. The proposal should comment on the benefits to the organisation of adopting the s-commerce proposal. It should also comment on any implementation issues that may arise from adopting the proposal. – 40%
- Use of academic sources to substantiate your proposals using Harvard referencing – 10%
To complete this project, you will need to source a model for a social commerce platform, such as Huang &Benyoucef (2012), and apply it to your proposal. You should comment on what you will and will not use from your chosen model and comment on the reasons for your decisions. You should discuss what the proposed social commerce framework will look like and how it will benefit the organisation.
You do not need to obtain inside information or access to an organisation to complete this assignment as no primary research is needed. You can base it on information that is already in the public domain.
Please use the following section headings to structure your report,
- Background to company and their social media presence
- Application of social commerce model/s
- S-Commerce proposal
- Bibliography and references
Type of service-Academic paper writing
Type of assignment-Book report
Pages / words-4 / 1100
Number of sources-12
Language style-UK English