English Report Instructions
research and report on:
a) the concept of literacy using specific examples from either your state/territory’s English curriculum or the Australian Curriculum: English, and describe how literacy teaching impacts on children’s learning and development in Australian primary schools
b) a minimum of two forms of assessment under the English curriculum that have an impact on children’s learning and development in Australian primary schools
- The 2 forms of formative assessment needed to be focused on are:
- Concepts of Print
- Running Records
- Link to Australian Curriculum (attached document on the curriculum)
Your report must include relevant theory and references made to academic literature, and adhere to the following components:
- Executive summary (approximately 100 words):
A short, sharp summary of your whole report.
- Introduction (approximately 150 words):
• Introduce the concept of literacy and identify the curriculum document that you will use for this assessment.
• Introduce the two forms of assessments that you will report on.
• Briefly explain the relevance of the chosen assessments you will be discussing.
- Findings (approximately 1100 words):
• Identify definitions of the concept of literacy.
• Using the chosen curriculum document and other supporting literature, discuss the impact that literacy teaching has on children’s learning and development in Australian primary schools.
• Discuss the key benefits and implications of chosen assessments.
• Identify factors that contribute to the use of the assessments.
• Report on the potential effects of the assessments in relation to children’s learning and development in the English curriculum in the primary context.
• Include recommendations for policies and teaching practices for the assessment of the English curriculum in the primary school context.
- Conclusion (approximately 150 words):
Summarise your key findings and restate the impact that your selection of assessments have in children’s learning and developing in Australian primary schools.
• Your report should have at least seven references, which includes at least one peer-reviewed journal article to support your statements and/or claims.
• All references should be appropriately cited using APA style.
• The reference list will not be included in the word count.
Type of service : Academic Paper Writing
Type Of Assignment : Report
Subject : Education
Pages / words : 5/1375
Number Of Sources : 10
Academic Level : Senior(college 4th year)
Paper Format : APA
Line Spacing : Double
Language Style : AU English