Assessment 1 – Ethics Discussion Paper
Type: Written assessment
Length: 1000 words plus or minus 10% (excluding references)
Learning Outcomes Assessed
- Develop an understanding of ethical approval processes for undertaking a research project.
In this assessment you will develop an Ethics Discussion paper that discusses the ethical considerations that are specifically related to the project you will undertake for your next unit Nursing, Midwifery and Social Sciences Project 2. (Burnout among mental health nurses, effect and solution to quality care practice). The question post will be:- How does burnout among mental health nurses affect patient quality care and the possible solution?
In writing this discussion paper, you will compile some of the necessary information required to complete an ethics application for your proposed research project.
Please follow the following steps to complete this assessment:
1.0 Download the National Statement of Ethical Conduct in Research. This document will guide you in identifying important ethical considerations for your project.
2.0 Provide a discussion paper of 1000 words, which identifies and discusses the management of specific ethical issues relating to your proposed project that you will carry out in your next unit. Include a brief and general explanation of the importance of ethical conduct (1 paragraph).
3.0 Construct an information sheet, which could be used in your research
Literature and references
Please use quality references to support your discussion. Suitable references include peer-reviewed journal articles as well as textbooks and credible websites. When sourcing information, consider the five elements of a quality reference: currency, authority, relevance, objectivity, and coverage. Grey literature sourced from the internet must be from reputable websites such as from government, university, or peak national bodies, for example, the Australian College of Nursing.
- Include a cover page providing your name, the name and code of the unit, and the title of the assessment.
- Use size 12 Times New Roman or Arial font with 1.5 line spacing and 2.54cm page margins.
- Include page numbers, name and student number on each page in a footer.
- Use American Psychological Association (APA 7) referencing style.
- The word count is considered from the first word of the introduction to the last word of the conclusion. It excludes the cover page and reference list. It includes in-text references and direct quotations.
- You can use unit provided materials and other credible sources (journal articles, books) to reference your argument. The quality and credibility of your sources are important.
- We recommend you use EndNote to manage your citations and reference list.
- You are strongly encouraged to submit a draft before the due date to review your Turnitin report before making a final submission.
Please refer to the marking criteria on the Moodle site for more detail on how grades will be assigned.
Please include these reference
Kristensen, T. S., Borritz, M., Villadsen, E., & Christensen, K. B. (2005). Copenhagen Burnout Inventory. PsycTESTS Dataset. https://doi.org/10.1037/t62096-000
Type of service-Academic paper writing
Type of assignment-Essay
Pages / words-4 / 1100
Number of sources-12
Language style-AU English