A good plan for the essay. you could also include questions like: why is it important to study intervention options for these neurodevelopmental disorders? How many people are affected by them in the world? How debilitating or not are these conditions? How could investigating interventions for these disorders help individuals, families, or society? How do we diagnose ASD/ADHD? How accurate is the diagnosis? What does this mean in terms of intervention choices? Provide appropriate citations.
ntroduction (150- 200 wards):
- Mental health in children and adolescences, its prevalence and impact.
- Introduce ADHD and ASD as the commonly seen neurodevelopmental disorders, briefly describe both and their impacts (such as affecting social skills, decision making, etc).
- This essay will be further discussing and evaluating some of the interventions available for ADHD and ASD.
Main Body (1300words) :
The section on ADHD is good and covers the behavioural interventions well but you have not provided any details on the pharmacological interventions. How would you treat the core symptoms of ADHD ? are behavioural interventions as effective as the pharmacological interventions?
- briefly discuss the etiology of ADHD and it’s impact and link it to the importance of and early treatment, then list down some of the current available treatments used for ADHD, like pharmacological therapy and non-pharmacological approaches (parent training, neurofeedback, cognitive training, etc.)
- option 1: choose parent training as the main focus and explain the rational behind it. explain about parent training in details, discuss the the advantages and limitations of parent training. Then bring in cognitive training to overcome some of the limitations.
—NOTES : I personally like interested in the approach, however, not sure if I could use parent training as the main discussion, as most of the supporting evidence I got are older than 10 years.
- option 2: neurofeedback for ADHD ( reason for choosing this, there are many recent research articles for this)
- explain what’s neurofeedback for ADHD and how it works.
- discuss about the efficacy of it , and supporting with 3-4 articles
- highlight 2-3 limitations of it and the future research directions.
Any other behavioural interventions that have been used in ASD?
- briefly describe ASD ( core features and impact)
- discuss although there are no treatment to cure ASD, there are some interventions could be used to reduce ASD symptoms, improve children’s cognitive ability and daily living skills. Such as to social-communication interventions, applied behavior analysis
and parent-mediated interventions (PMI) for the core features. And this paper will focus the on the PMI:
- Briefly describe Parent-mediated interventions (PMI): “are technique-focused interventions where the parent is the agent of change and the child is the direct beneficiary of treatment” (Bearss et al., 2015). try to rephrase this in your own words to avoid risk of plagiarism
- Discuss about the efficacy of PMI, supporting with 3-4 systematic reviews.
- Further discuss the disadvantages of PMI (2-3 disadvantages ) and further research directions.
Conclusion (100-150 words):
- Summary of what has discussed on top and no new ideas added.
A conclusion is a useful inclusion. No new evidence should be presented in the conclusion. Make sure the concluding section summarises key points and hammers home your cohesive and compelling arguments before drawing to a close which refers to the bigger picture.
Type of services: Academic paper writing
Type of assignment: Essay
Subject: Healthcare & Medicine
Pages / words: 6/1650
Number of sources: N/A
Academic level: Master’s
Paper format: APA
Line Spacing: Double
Language style: UK English