Vulnerable Population Paper
Communicate effectively by listening, speaking and writing using appropriate technology.
- Logically organizes, develops, and communicates an idea or position.
- Uses drafting, revising, and editing techniques using appropriate vocabulary, grammar, punctuation, spelling, and syntax.
- Uses library print or electronic resources for literature research.
Human Flourishing: Advocate for patients and families in ways that promote self –determination, integrity, and ongoing growth as human beings.
Upon completion of this paper, students will be able to:
- Explain what defines a vulnerable population.
- Identify what makes the assigned population a vulnerable population.
- Identify challenges the assigned population faces related to the vulnerability.
- explain what resources are available for the assigned
- Describe questions / behaviors which will help the nurse identify a vulnerable person.
- Explain mandatory reporting and which persons reporting applies to.
This paper must be completed using APA format. A minimum of 4 professional references written within the last 5 years required
Introduction, Body, Conclusion
Papers must be grammatically correct with correct spelling
The paper needs to be between 4 and 5 pages in length not including the title page or reference page using Times New Roman size 12 font.
The paper should include:
1) Explanation of a vulnerable population
2)Description of defined population and why it is considered vulnerable
3)Challenges related to vulnerability of assigned population
4) Available resources for assigned population
5) Questions/Observations (3) a nurse can use to identify assigned vulnerability
6) Laws/Policies (3) identified and how they apply to the assigned population
***Refer to the Vulnerable Population Rubric for scoring details***
Use the provided APA template when writing your paper
Type of service-Academic paper writing
Type of assignment-Research Paper
Pages / words-1 / 275
Number of sources-1
Academic level-Freshman (College 1st year)