BUS 230 H.R. Management Summer 2020
Each short answer/essay question is worth ten (10) points; consistent with the class syllabus, grading will be comprised of: content – satisfies requirements are logical and draws conclusions must emphasize course subject matter; quality is effective, to the point, persuasive and contains minimal spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors. All papers are to be typed, double- spaced, font size 12 and include the number of the question to the coordinating response. Students are to cite each response using APA format; points will be deducted for any answer that is not cited. Any request to submit the midterm late is unacceptable and therefore will not be considered; the student will receive a grade of zero.
1. Explain why human resource management is important to all managers? What is the role of line managers in human resource management?
2. On-demand workers are a developing part of the workforce. In a brief essay, explain what on-demand workers are and how they impact organizations.
3. Explain how can managers help firms avoid claims of discrimination? What laws are especially important for managers to understand in order to avoid triggering discrimination claims?
4. Explain what are the HR uses of data analytics and big data?
5. Discuss the four steps managers can take to foster employee engagement.
6. How does the ADA affect hiring practices? How does an HR manager determine whether or not a job description complies with the ADA?
7. Why is effective recruiting a challenge for many employers? What methods can employers use to effectively recruit a more diverse workforce?
8. Explain how employers can protect themselves against negligent hiring?
9. Explain how nonverbal behaviors and impression management affect an interview?
10. What is meant by the idea of organizational change? How does organizational development facilitate organizational change?
Type of service-Academic paper writing
Type of assignment-Coursework
Pages / words-3 / 825
Number of sources-10
Academic level-Junior (College 3rd year)
Language style-US English