Professional Issues Assignment. (Approximately 4,000 words for I/H; 4500 for M):
Based on I criteria – H/M to check and amend appropriately.
- Review debates central to own professional context in lifelong learning;
- What is your context – where, what, who (type of student), when
- Debate 1 – base on your CIP
- Debate 2 – another debate linked to CIP
- Discuss notions of curriculum, social and cultural diversity, equality of opportunity and inclusion in own context;
- What is your curriculum? Link to a specification which is referenced. (Make sure you use curriculum terms such as Formal/Informal/Hidden etc.)
- What is the social and cultural diversity of your student group?
- Does this reflect local society?
- Does this reflect national society?
- Does this pose any particular issues?
- Are there are equality of opportunity and inclusion issues peculiar to your context? If so, what is being done about them and what could be done
- Discuss concepts of reflective practice and debate its role in teacher professionalism;
- What is the purpose/importance of reflective practice?
- What are the limitations of reflective practice?
- Models of reflective practice you have used, including their strengths and limitations
- Model 1
- Model 2
- Model 3
- What is the role of reflective practice in teachers?
- Does reflecting make you professional?
- Can you be professional if you do not reflect?
- Evaluate the development of own values and dispositions during the period of teacher identity formation.
- How have your values, attitudes and approach to teaching changed during the time you have been on the course?
(Could be completed as a reflection using one of the models discussed above.)
Type of service-Academic paper writing
Type of assignment-Research Paper
Pages / words-15 / 4125
Number of sources-16
Language style-UK English