The aim of this assignment is to enable students to demonstrate their research and analytical skills by deeply exploring contemporary issues in the field of business and management.
Purpose of this Assignment
By drafting an integrative essay focused on current issues and topics relevant for contemporary business practice, students shall research and analyse current issues and theoretical approaches in order to make sense of managerial experiences and practices.
You are required to draw from theories you have learned from across the rest of your studies and modules: the central purpose of this assignment is to allow you to synthesise and apply your learning from your programme to a real world business example.
Structure of this Assignment
The word count should not exceed 2,200 words (2,000 words +/- 10%), excluding the following: title page, references and appendices (if applicable).
1. Title Page
2. Introduction – Having chosen one of the business organisations listed on Canvas, you should briefly identify this business organisation and the more important issues faced by that organisation. In addition, you should specify the theories and theoretical concepts that you use to analyse in depth those issues. Limit yourself to 1 or 2 issues and 1 or 2 corresponding theories and theoretical concepts. The introduction should provide a roadmap, outlining the key points to be considered and in what order — this¬ helps the reader navigate the rest of your essay. Please note: structure makes up 15% of the marks for this assignment.
3. Body of the essay – Provide an in-depth discussion of the business organisation, accounting for the relevant and important issues (1 or 2) that it faces showing an academic level of research. Define and show how you have applied the theories and theoretical concepts used to critically analyse the issues faced by your chosen organisation.
4. Conclusions and recommendations – Summarise and offer recommendations for dealing with the issues you identified based on your analysis.
5. References – HBS Harvard Referencing (See CASE website)
6. Appendices – Limited use, appropriate and fully referred to in the main text
Type of service-Academic paper writing
Type of assignment-Essay
Pages / words-4 / 2200
Number of sources-10
Language style-UK English