Discussion 10.1: Medication Education Presentation
For the medication LATUDA develop a POWER POINT PRESENTATION using the structured outline below. Include a reference list of at least three sources, with at least one evidence-based research article. Where appropriate, use APA format. Use proper grammar, spelling, and composition in your presentation. MAKE YOUR POWER POINT VISUALLY CREATIVE.
1. State the drug name, classification, FDA-approved uses, and off-label uses (if any). If your medication is controlled, please list the federal, regulations, your state’s regulations, and best practices regarding dispensing.
2. Explain how the drug works and the mechanism of action.
3. List the most common side effects, significant drug-drug, food-drug, herb-drug, substance-drug interactions, and any black box warnings.
4. State the starting dose and how you would taper up and taper off the medication.
5. State what should be included for patient education.
6. Find out what a 30-day supply would cost without insurance. List the pharmacy and the cost. You may use GoodRx.com to find this information.
7. List any labs you would need prior to starting this medication and any labs you would need throughout the medication regimen (if any).
8. List any contraindications.
9. List pregnancy and breastfeeding precautions.
10. List any age limitations (such as “not approved in children under 12”) or age-related dosing considerations.
Your presentation should have no more than 15 slides and should not be more than 15 minutes long.
Type of service-Academic paper writing
Type of assignment-Power Point presentation
Pages / words-1 / 150
Number of sources-4