Critically analyse the following five (5) questions. You will select relevant theories and workplace examples from Hotel industry to provide a set of logical,
well-supported (by the academic literature) recommendations:
1. As an HR manager, you will often be required to resolve conflicts. How would you try to reduce instances of dysfunctional conflicts and instead promote functional conflict to spur needed innovation? What insights can be
provided by Tushman et al. (2011) in both the leadership role of teams in dealing with conflictual tensions and for HR managers as leaders? Apply reference to your Hotel industry or organisation in your answer.
2. Negotiations are a key business activity. As an HR manager, planning and mapping out the negotiation process is considered as important as the outcome Discuss the importance of the process of negotiation as distinct from
the outcome, in your answer describing the difference between distributive and integrative negotiation and citing examples where necessary.
3. Cross-cultural collaboration is a key success feature in today’s global economy. Identify the industry in which you currently work or have knowledge of and indicate the particular cross- cultural skills that are critical to
success in that industry and particularly for the organisation you work for or of which you are aware. Provide justification from the literature for your selection and indicate how as a HR manager you would support uptake and maintenance of these skills.
4. Quinn et al. (2007) identify several barriers to effective communication. Discuss a selection of these barriers in an organisational context with which you are familiar, indicating why you have selected these as important in
respect of that organisation. Identify what specific approaches you as an HR manager would facilitate effective communication within the selected organisation to overcome the communication barriers.
5. As an HR manager, you will be required to uphold and maintain an ethical culture within your organisation. Discuss the ways you would promote an ethical culture within your organisation. Identify supporting literature
which provides insights to support of ethical culture and indicate the specific actions, systems and monitoring process you would consider support an ethical culture in your organisation or one with which you are familiar.
• In 5-10% of the total word count, give an overview of the entire report: outline the purpose of the report; the result; the conclusions drawn and recommendations for future actions.
Table of contents
• This is a list of the sections of your report. Major and minor sections are identified through headings and subheadings. It should be on a separate page.
• An introduction can: state the purpose of the report; set the context and background of the problem, issue or investigation; may include an outline of the sections so that the reader understands the structure; provide an hypothesis (or argument) to be analysed
Q3 Cross Cultural collaboration
Q4 Barriers to effective Communication
Q5 Ethical cultural
• This is a summary statement of what you have done and key findings or outcomes. Ensure you cover your best recommendations for HR from Q1, Q2, Q3,Q4 and Q5 and label them as such.
Type of service-Academic paper writing
Type of assignment-Essay
Pages / words-5 / 2750
Number of sources-25
Language style-US English