Mr. Jones, 48, presented to the clinic with complaints of problems with movement, experiencing tremors, and trouble walking. Upon assessment, the health care provider notes muscle rigidity, bradykinesia, postural instability, and hand tremors.
The health care provider orders a MRI.
1) Why does the health care provider order a MRI? What can it diagnose or rule out?
Mr. Jones receives a diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease and is going to start on the combination drug levodopa/carbidopa (Sinemet) and entacapone (Comtan). Mr. Jones and his wife are nervous and upset by this diagnosis and ask if the medications will cure the disease.
2) How would you explain Parkinson’s disease and the role of medications in treating the disease to this couple?
3) How do levodopa/carbidopa (Sinemet) and entacapone (Comtan) help patients with Parkinson’s disease?
Mrs. Jones wife asks about nutritional needs for Mr. Jones.
4) What dietary instructions should the nurse share with Mr. and Mrs. Jones?
5) What nursing interventions should the nurse implement for a client with Parkinson’s Disease?
Type of service-Academic paper writing
Type of assignment-Case study
Pages / words-1 / 275
Number of sources-2
Academic levelFreshman (College 1st year)
Language style-US English