Written Culture Project Criteria
Below you will find the criteria for your culture project for this term. These written paper will be culturally based. The main goal of this project is to educate your classmates on how you, as the nurse in America, will provide culturally competent care to an individual belonging to your assigned culture.
Your culture project will be 7 typed pages in length, not counting the title page and the reference page. Examples will be provided to guide you. It will be double spaced and the font size will be 12 in Arial or Times New Roman. It must include a title page and reference page. These are not counted in the required number of pages. Most word processor programs, like Word, include templates for title and reference pages.
Please provide at least 7 of the most important points that the nurse needs to understand when providing care to an individual in this group. (This is Mandatory to obtain full points). This paper MUST focus on nursing care associated with your assigned culture.
These are some areas that you might cover.
• Biological and physical variants that may affect nursing care.
• How the health behaviors are affected in this culture.
• How language affects this cultures ability to receive health care.
• Discuss how traditional beliefs about health care and the culture’s folk remedies coincide in providing care to the client.
• Explain how religious beliefs affect the manner in which this culture accepts health care.
Please use reputable sources, do not use opinions or views of a group or person. Examples of reputable sources are the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National institute of Health. American Heart Association, or academic journals. You will be provided a link to the school’s electronic library for your use in this project.
Type of service-Academic paper writing
Type of assignment-Term Paper
Pages / words-8 / 2200
Number of sources-5
Academic level-Sophomore (College 2nd year)
Language style-US English