The aim of this unit is to develop critical understanding of managing operations and
information systems within projects. The interrelationships within functional areas will
be examined and the influence of contemporary factors. Learners will explore
organisational strategy in relation to capacity to plan for products and consider the
value of inventory management using information systems and inventory scheduling.
You are the Head of Operations at one of the organisations listed below:
As a part of the global expansion plan, you are asked by the CEO to prepare a report
that will outline major operational considerations that project managers of the
organisation located at various geographic locations across the globe will need to
Task 1 of 1 – Report
Your report should consist of three sections containing the following:
1. Assess the similarities and differences between production and service
2. Analyse the three major functional areas of organizations and describe how
3. Evaluate a range of theories related to operations management.
4. Describe the operations function and the nature of the operations manager’s
5. Evaluate current issues in business that are impacting operations
management especially in your chosen organisation.
(ACs 1.1, 1.2, 1.3,1.4, 1.5)
6. Critically assess the importance of capacity planning.
7. Analyse ways of defining and measuring capacity.
8. Evaluate the factors to consider when deciding whether to operate inhouse or
9. Describe the steps that are used to resolve constraint issues.
(ACs 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4)
1. Evaluate the nature and importance of inventories.
2. Analyse the requirements for effective inventory management.
3. Evaluate the use of the AB-C approach to inventory management.
4. Describe the principles of Economic Order Quantity (EOQ) model and its
5. Examine the single-period model and its assumptions. Define what global
supply chain ecosystem is.
(ACs 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5)
1. Explain what scheduling involves and the importance of good scheduling.
2. Compare product and service scheduling hierarchies.
3. Evaluate approaches used for scheduling service systems.
4. Explain how to overcome a range of unique problems encountered in service
(ACs 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4)
5. Identify resources, tools and systems that can support a project’s quality
6. Evaluate quality assurance frameworks that can be applied to a project.
(ACs 5.1, 5.2)
Delivery and Submission
1x Report MS Word processed file
3500 words excluding TOC, diagrams, references and appendices
Please make sure to use MLA Style (paper format) with Harvard Style reference.
The report has to be written to the CEO. MAke sure it has to be written in MLA Style (Paper Format) and with Harvard Style reference!Please also include a Table of contenct and Diagramms, graphs, etc.
And please make sure to also include in the chapter an executive summary as well as at the end conclusion and recommendation.
Please read the attachment “Operations and Information Management for Project Managers” carefully and and follow the instructions given. Please make sure to write a Management Report to the CEO with the project scenario given and Include Section A, Section B and Section C.
Please consider for the Scenatio “Cisco UK” to write the Management Report.
Type of service-Academic paper writing
Type of assignment-Essay
Pages / words-13 / 3500
Number of sources-25