Portfolio of Accounting Tasks for a Business Simulation Company plus
- Coursework Portfolio (90% of the module marks):
This comprises three tasks:
Assessed Task 1: Written report on the financial performance and financial
position of the company (50% of the portfolio marks).
Assessed Task 2: Written report evaluating a business opportunity using
investment appraisal techniques (35% of the portfolio marks).
Assessed Task 3: Critical re5lection (15% of the portfolio marks)
- Engagement (10% of the module marks):
This is a pass/fail element requiring students to achieve a minimum score
of 70% in each of the 6 Unit formative tests, each comprising between 15
and 25 multiple choice questions which can be attempted an unlimited
number of times.
Module Learning Outcomes Assessed:
- Interpret a range of different types of accounting information.
- Identify the limitations in accounting information and explain the
implications of these limitations on the analysis and interpretation of
- Effectively use a range of accounting tools to assist with
management decision making and performance assessment.
- Communicate effective responses to business stakeholders using
appropriate financial language.
Type of assignment: Report