Essay requirements (Subject Alcohol in West Midlands, UK)
Identify a health need within a specific geographical area or for a specific population and outline the stages you would follow to carry out a health needs assessment.
Adopting an essay structure, provide a clear rationale for the choice of the health need under examination (Alcohol), your chosen area and the health needs assessment model adopted. The following structure should be used:
1. Introduction which identifies a health need within a specific geographical area, or for a specific population – providing relevant statistical information and background details
2. Outline the health needs assessment models available to examine this issue, apply them to your topic and then identify an appropriate approach that you will explore further in your essay
3. Explore the stages involved in your chosen health needs assessment approach and explain how each of these would be carried out
4. Critically appraise current strategies used to address the health need
5. Identify and make recommendations to address the identified need, including details around how the success of these could be evaluated
6. Support your points with relevant academic literature and use Harvard referencing
• LO1 – Critically evaluate the theoretical and conceptual components of needs assessment and evaluation.
• LO2 – Critically examine and define health and social needs and distinguish between population needs and individual needs.
• LO3 – Critically appraise needs assessment as a tool for planning, priority setting and evaluation of services.
Type of service-Academic paper writing
Type of assignment-Essay
Pages / words-10 / 2500
Number of sources-25
Language style-UK English