Essay must answer the following questions; and Identify certain key points listed below
1. Why is Affordable housing only in low income neighborhoods?
2. What are some public state/government polices that allow this segregation to occur?
3. Why people do not want affordable housing in rich neighborhoods?
4. How does red-lining and zoning play a role in keeping neighborhoods segragted?
5. How can creating new zoning policies help desegregate communites?
6. Why is creating mixed-income neighborhoods important?
a. key themes, stakeholders, power dynamics
b. demonstration of nuance, including competing sides and
proposals to the issue.
c. Identify resources (public policies/ local organizations that can be used to help create mixed-income neighborhoods
d. Identify potential lines of future research for the subject
Type of assignment: Essay
Subject: Political science