- Case brief (facts, issue, holding, ratio). If any legal elements or legal tests were involved, include them in your case brief.
2. What was the controversial issue in the case?
3. What was the reasoning behind the SCC’s decision? Is there any other way the case could be resolved? (No is not an answer)
4. To what extent is the decision by the SCC just? Don’t just give your opinion. Present an analysis of why this is just or not (e.g., bring in other judicial decisions/cases). Other points to think about here: Whose interests were severed through this ruling, and why? Who benefits?
5. What are the broader social implications of the SCC ruling?
Type of assignment: Case study