(3) Essay – Word Length 2,000 words
Analysis of a piece of direct practice with a service user or carer that you have undertaken on your work experience.
In addition, please remain within the word count of 2000-2200 words maximum.
The assignment should Include:
· Briefly describe the role of the organisation in which you were working (but must not name the actual agency). Outline briefly the legal or policy frameworks underpinning the work of this organisation.
Organisation Background:Unity is an organisation that provides 24-hour care and support services for adults (male/female) who are experiencing mental health difficulties and substance abuse. Notably, offering an array of mental health pathway services that include:
· Homes for rehabilitation in the prevention of hospitalisation due to a mental health crisis
· Rehabilitated (step-down) homes for those admitted in hospitals and or are in the process of being discharged
· Support with tenancies, money and advice.
· Briefly outline the circumstances of the service user or carer considering her/his ‘race’, ethnicity, linguistic status, gender and gender orientation, class, age, religion, whether s/he considers her/himself to be disabled, heterosexual, lesbian, gay or bisexual (if known) and any other relevant information.
Service user background: Annais a 42-year-old white, English female with a diagnosis of mental health, coupled with physical health, social isolation, self-neglect, self-harm and suffers from epilepsy and anxiety. Sadly, both her parents are deceased, and mainly is known to have had a close bond and attachment with her mother, who was described by staff as having over-parented Anna, and as a result she lacks social interaction and confidence. Anna is dependent on her keyworker, forming an unhealthy relationship.Her unhealthy behaviour has impacted on her forming acceptable healthy relationships, particularly with her brother and aunt, limiting contact and communication.
· Summarise what the purposes of your intervention were, how this was negotiated and the key features of the work you undertook together.
The purpose of my intervention is to work collaboratively with Anna’s keyworker and other colleagues, to promote independence, to build her confidence, to form healthy friendships and to participate in activities of interest to her.
· Consider how your own experiences and values influenced your responses to the service user and how you have supported your emotional resilience during the work.
· Discuss how you applied the ethical principles of social work as outlined by the Professional Capabilities Framework (PCF), the HCPC Standards of proficiency – Social workers in England (HCPC 2017) and HCPC Standards of conduct, performance and ethics (HCPC 2016), with specific reference to respecting professional boundaries, and anti-discriminatory and anti-oppressive practice principles, including, as appropriate, diversity, rights, justice and economic wellbeing.
· Analyse the support and supervision available to you and how you made use of this.
· Reflect on what you have learned from this piece of work.
· Include an overall conclusion to the assignment.
Your assignment must demonstrate your capacity to use and apply relevant theory and research evidence and to reflect on your practice. If you do not make reference
to the Professional Capabilities Framework (PCF), the HCPC Standards of proficiency – Social workers in England (HCPC 2017) and the HCPC Standards of conduct, performance and and ethics (HCPC 2016) you may fail the assignment. The assignment will be used to assess your ability to produce written documents relevant to practice so must meet required standards of written English and demonstrate a capacity to order and present information clearly.
Type of service-Academic paper writing
Type of assignment-Essay
Pages / words-4 / 2000
Number of sources-17
Language style-UK English